Monday, February 11, 2008

So, you think your'e in pretty good shape?


Ok, for those of you out there who think you are in pretty good shape.....think again. And, if you would like to get in better shape.....think about this guy to your left. I had heard about Dean Karnazes in Outside magazine. I knew he was an amazing runner, and knew he had this book out. I finally bought it, and WOW! It has inspired me to get off my butt and get to work. This guy truly is an amazing piece of human strength and, no other way to put it, ENDURANCE. I am not saying we should worship this guy, but I think it's safe to say there are few if any athletes out there EVER that hold a candle to this guy. Check him out at www.ultramarathonman.com and see for yourself. Buy the book. It's worth every penny. Well, I gotta go. Time to go for a run!

3 comments:

Melanie Cain said...

Since you are hard core now, I will probably be seeing you soon! Good luck man!

Shelli said...

I think I will have to read it next, so I will know what to expect of your next endeavor. :)
Proud of you & loved playing mixed doubles with you the other day!!

jharmon said...

You would love triathlons! You should think about the exterra. It is trail running and mountain biking and of course the swim. I think you would like it. I loved my triathlon and plan to do one a year. I trained for about six months and that seemed like plenty of time for an olympic one. I haven't read this book but it looks good.
Jill