Monday, February 9, 2009

Backyard camping...who's ready for spring

Last year I asked the kids "who wants to sleep in the backyard tonight?" Gracie was the ONLY one who wanted to. So Gracie, Cotton, and I all piled into the little tent, built a fire, and fell asleep under the stars listening to the crackling of the fire, the sound of the owl that roams the neighborhood, and the occasional coyote howl. It kind of felt like the 3 amigos campout!

Well, I for one want that time back! I want to be able to camp in my yard, smell the fresh cut grass (thanks to the kids this time) and roast mallows, swing in my hammock, and spend some time on the river!


I got Shelli out in the kayak last year one time, and I got Cotton out there too! He swam from Rachel's kayak out to me so he could ride with me. What a fun day that was with the Jensens at Loon lake! Looking forward to that again, too. Can you tell I am ready for summer????

What do you miss most or look forward to most about summer?

10 comments:

Shelli said...

Hey, nice to see you post! I miss summer tooooo! I can't wait, I am already loving that it is lighter outside when we get up in the morning. I can't wait for the flowers to bloom, and just the warmth of the sun. Here's to lots of good summer memories!!! Let's make lots more.

Melanie Cain said...

Summer time and the livin's easy......... My favorites include; BBQing grubbin food, pasta salad with fresh veggies from the garden. Good juicy tomatoes that you can eat like and apple and driving at night with the car window down. Reading a book and chillin on the boat and of course the absolute best.... camping!

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

Just being able to get outside in the HOT HOT sun! :) Heading to the beach...this lake looks amazing where is it?

Trev said...

Loon lake in Montana. Near Flathead lake. It was GREAT! It's a small lake, but clear water, warm, and beautiful!

Jessica said...

I miss late night family walks. Cool blog Trevor!

Trev said...

Yeah, I like the late walks, too. it's cool enough outside, but there's still enough warmth to enjoy it. The light is still there on the horizon, and the birds and bugs are still making sounds. I CANNOT wait for summer! I also miss backyard campfires, playing tennis outside, bbq's, fresh fruit/veggies, boating. I could go on and on.

Sarah Johnson said...

Thanks to Shelli for putting a plug out there for your blog! Glad I found you :) ahhhh...summer. it would appear that you ARE ready! I miss LONG, carefree days and the absence of bulky winter coats for sure!

Steph said...

I love not shivering...yep...that's my favorite part of Summer. I also love my yard and potted flowers in the summer. It's been crusty and brown all winter. I could go for some color!
Nice shot of you and the family pooch.

jharmon said...

I love summer! I love boating, swimming, mountain biking, BBQs, kids out of school you name it I love it! It is good to see you blogging again!

Anonymous said...

I look forward to catching more and bigger fish, staying up later and reading a good book on the patio, going for walks with the wife and kid, eating popsicles, lighting off fireworks!!!, camping, fishing some more and the smell of bbqing!!

Aahh the days of summer