Friday, September 12, 2008

Oh, to be young again


I was at the club with Shelli playing tennis yesterday, and there were 3 older men waiting for their 4th to show up for doubles. They watched us for about 20 minutes, then when they were in the breezeway between courts heading out to play, one of them said "Oh to be as young as them again" as he watched us play. It was louder than he intended, so I heard it clearly. It made me think to be grateful for my youth, my energy, and to be at this stage in life. It also made me look forward to about 50 more years of tennis and life! I hope to still be playing at his age!

3 comments:

Krista said...

Great post! (its about time-haha) It is great to hear stuff like that when you are to feeling old. Which is more often than I care for now. Great reminder!

Shelli said...

Nice to see a post from you! I"m sure you will still be playing when you are 50, among many other things...kayaking, boating, biking...gardening..:)

Floyd said...

Trevor,

I see that you have up dated things again. Yes, to be young again and to have the courage to do it right. I have learned that youth is wasted on the young. I have been going to call you but don't know when the best time is so call me. H 541.464.3265 C 541.520.5085. I have read the family blog also, this is a good way to keep up with you all. Floyd